Visiting a traditional Finnish sauna is a must-do for everyone coming to Lapland. At our Arctos Winter spa we offer you the opportunity to fully experience this important part of Finnish culture in a winter wonderland setting. Combine the wood-heated sauna with a plunge in the frozen lake or just relax and unwind in the hot tub, the best place to leave the stress and pressures of modern live behind. Since this is a private event you will have the sauna, hot tub and ice-dipping hole completely for yourself.
The programme of this experience is as follows:
The experience begins in our charming Kota, which is a typical warm Lappish hut with a cosy fire place in the middle. Here we offer you a welcome drink, prepare dinner* on the open fire and tell you more about the Finnish (sauna) culture.
Spa time (19.30 - 23.00)
After you have enjoyed your dinner in the Lappish hut, it is time for 3,5 hours of pure relaxation.
Our wood-heated sauna is the perfect place to start your Arctos Winter Spa. We offer you sauna scents to add some nice aroma's in the room and a birch whisk to stimulate your blood circulation.
Cooling-down after each sauna session is a pleasant and essential element of the sauna experience. Those looking for an adrenaline kick could take it to the next level and go for an ice-bath in the frozen lake. The water is just above zero, but we promise, you feel reborn afterwards.
- Hot tub
Breathe in the clean, crispy air and start counting stars. The area is decorated with candles and cosy lighting. The spa has an open view towards the Northern sky so with a bit of luck you might see the Northern Lights straight from the hot tub.
- Lounge room
Relax in between the sauna and hot tub session in the lounge room and make some marshmallows in the fireplace.
*Dinner includes a Lappish style reindeer hot-dog together with some side dishes. There are vegan/gluten-free alternatives available. Also, if you rather not eat reindeer meat we can offer you a regular hot-dog.
- Price per Adult: 199€ II Price per Child: 99€
- There is a minimum price of 596€ for this private event.
- If you wish to come with just 2 adults, we have designed for you the "Arctos Winter Spa for 2 persons" . You can find this experience in the activities overview.
- If you are 2 adults + 1 child, you still need to select 3 adults to reach the minimum price.
- If you prefer to exclude dinner, we provide a 10% discount. You can enter the promo code 'NOFOOD' during the checkout process. The start and ending times will remain unchanged (18.30 - 23.00).
- We offer pick-up & drop-off from Rovaniemi Central, Ounasvaara, Santa Claus village, Arctic TreeHouse Hotel or any place within 20 km distance from our spa, for a total of 75€ (groups of 3-4 people) or 120€ (groups of 5-6).
- You can select the hotel or address in the final stage of booking.
If you wish to be picked up from another location, which is further than 20km away from our spa, please send us a message and we are able to give you a price indication for your pick up.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 5 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 5% if booking is cancelled 365 days or less before the event
Please consult your doctor if you have any medical condition that could potentially be triggered by taking a sauna, hot tub or ice dipping (For example, a heart condition, asthma, epilepsy or a cardiovascular disease).