Join us for a private and unforgettable adventure where you'll discover the best of what Finnish lakes have to offer.
Step into the authentic Finnish sauna culture
Our experience begins by immersing yourself in the rich tradition of Finnish sauna culture. Together, we'll prepare the wood-heated sauna in the traditional way, while sharing fascinating insights into the rituals and customs that make Finnish saunas so special. You'll even have the chance to create your own sauna whisk, made from branches of the birch tree, known as "Vihta" in Finnish. As you gently slap the Vihta on your body, feel your blood circulation increase and enjoy the delightful aroma that fills the sauna.
Canoeing on an Arctic lake
While the sauna heats up, it's time to embrace the serenity of Lake Norvajärvi with a peaceful canoe trip. Paddle on the water surrounded by picturesque Finnish cottages. When you return to the shore, the sauna will be waiting for you, inviting you to unwind and relax. Don't forget to try your self-made birch whisk! After a refreshing swim in the Arctic lake, recline in our comfortable chairs on the lakeside terrace. Ignite the campfire, take a cold drink, and let go of all the stress and pressures of modern life. It's in moments like these that you'll understand why Finland is known as the happiest country in the world.
Snacks & drinks
We provide you with non-alcoholic drinks, cookies and marshmallows. For an additional fee (+25€ per adult, +15€ per child) we prepare you a lunch in the Lappish hut which will be served at the start of the experience. Lunch includes a Lappish style reindeer hot-dog together with some side dishes. There are vegan/gluten-free alternatives available. Also, if you rather not eat reindeer meat we can offer you a regular hot-dog. You can also decide to bring your own food and make use of our cooking facilities (fireplace/barbecue).
Optional use of hot tub
It is possible to include the use of the hot tub to your experience for an additional fee of 100€. Select this option after you check-out.
- Price per Adult: 99€ II Price per Child: 49€
- Minimum price for this private experience is 198€ (2 paying adults). Maximum 6 people per group.
- We offer pick-up & drop-off from Rovaniemi Central, Ounasvaara, Santa Claus village, Arctic TreeHouse Hotel or any place within 15 km distance from our spa, for a total of 75€ (groups of 1-4 people) or 120€ (groups of 5-6).
- You can select the hotel or address in the final stage of booking.
- If you wish to be picked up from another location, which is further than 15km away from our spa, please send us a message and we are able to give you a price indication for your pick up.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 5% if booking is cancelled 365 days or less before the event
- We reserve the right to cancel the experience because of bad weather conditions. We will discuss with you about an alternative or a full refund will be paid.
- Please consult your doctor if you have any medical condition that could potentially be triggered by taking a sauna (For example, a heart condition, asthma, epilepsy or a cardiovascular disease).
- Lifejackets are provided during canoeing. However, ability to swim is a requirement to participate in the canoeing part.
What to bring
- Sauna: Swimming suit
- Canoeing: To ensure your comfort throughout the experience, we kindly request that you dress appropriately for the weather conditions. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, preferably waterproof, and don't forget to bring hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen. It's also a good idea to bring along some extra dry clothes for your convenience.